The appearance of lines on the skin which are thin and parallel is known as stretch marks. These lines are caused particularly during the period of pregnancy when there occurs the expansion of stomach due to the unwanted stretch in the elastic fibres of the skin resulting into the breaking of the skin fibres. Pregnancy is one reason and these marks are caused even when breast, hips and abdomen regions put on excessive weight.
If one has sensitive skin, the stretch marks get deeper and more visible. The lines mainly appear in red, brown, or pink color. The skin seems to hang loosely and start looking lifeless with ugly scars having white or silver streaks.
Various Causes of Stretch Marks
- Pregnancy plays a major role in the growth of stretch marks which appear particularly on the abdomen, hip, and breast regions, because these are the regions where fat accumulates in a great amount.
- Stretch marks may occur on the body of both men and women, if they have the problem of obesity.
- Sometimes stretch marks develop due to some hormonal and genetic problems.
- Boys and girls in their teen age develop stretch marks, because of the stretch on the skin of their body in the process of growth.
- Sometimes stretch marks are caused by the intake of chemical based medicines while suffering from a disease for a long time.
- Deficiency in essential minerals and vitamins also lead to stretch marks. So proper and regular food is required.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
In all diseases, nothing could be as good as home remedies. Similarly in case of stretch marks, taking to home remedies is the best way to get rid of them. But during pregnancy, it is very necessary to go with what doctors advise.
Some people think that applying some chemical-based lotion or trilastin sr cream can do miracle, but it is just a myth. Even surgery can’t do anything. So one should not bother much about all such things and use home remedies with all confidence.
- Gentle rubbing of warm olive oil on the abdomen and hips better one’s blood circulation and help reduce stretch marks to a great degree.
- Massage by using calendula oil on the affected parts work a lot in minimizing stretch marks, because this oil is known for its medicinal property. Even lavender oil which is known for its aromatic herbal quality, errand (castor oil), flaxseed oil and cod liver oil can be used to get rid of this problem.
- An herbal solution can also be made by mixing one tablespoon wheat germ oil and one tablespoon calendula oil. Regular application of this mixture on abdomen, hips, and breast regions work greatly particularly in stretch marks caused due to pregnancy or overweight.
- Another most popular home remedies in this category is the mixture of a little badaam (almond) oil, lavender oil, half teaspoon chamomile oil. It is said to be the most effective treatment.
- Apart from these, Massage of stretch mark cream containing natural Vitamin C on the affected parts is also very useful.
If a home remedy is used properly by keeping other necessary cares regarding the intake of nutritious food on time and drinking of enough water every day, one can easily get rid of this stretch mark problem.